What is a Small Group?
A Small Group is a group of about 5-15 people who meet regularly in order to become more like Christ by gathering together to grow in genuine relationships with one another and God. Participants meet for fellowship, study, prayer, support, and outreach. A Small Group provides one of the best environments for the life change that Jesus intends for every believer.
Why have Small Groups?
● God exists in community as the Trinity (Genesis 1:1), and since we are created in God’s image, we, too are created for community.
● Jesus ministered in the context of a small group (His 12 disciples).
● The early church modeled home meetings (Acts 2:46; 5:42).
● Everyone can be well cared for and we reach out to care for others (Exodus 18:17-14)
Who should join?
While a small group experience isn’t for everyone, you are invited to prayerful consideration to becoming involved in Bethany’s Small Group community.
Why should I join?
● To have an opportunity to gather, grow and give with others as we build authentic relationships with one another.
● To become more like Jesus and help lead others into a transforming relationship with Jesus.
● It is one of the best ways to give and receive care and support.
What can I expect at a Small Group meeting?
● Personal Spiritual Growth through studying together, praying together, interacting together and having fun together.
● Genuine Friendship and Caring – be it through hospital visitation, or support and practical help at a critical time in a person’s life. Of course, caring will also overflow some to those outside the group.
● Introducing others to Jesus – Small groups can be a safe place for a searching friend or family member to meet Christians and hear about Jesus.
● Ministry Development It is our joy as believers to mutually discover and develop in ministry according to our gifts. The blessing comes as we are able to use our gifts as we minister and give to others.
For more information about our Small Group Ministry…
… Contact Pastor Marilyn Rushton at 519-745-0151 Ext. 102
“Life and Growth Happens in Groups”
If you want to grow in your relationship with Jesus, you need to have intentional relationships with people who have the same goal—and Bethany Small Groups are the ideal place for that to happen. Each Small Group meets regularly to develop spiritual growth, healthy relationships and support. Together we will be encouraged to live out the truths we discover in the Bible, as we encourage others to do the same.